Managing people, human capital and culture - Human Resource Management (HRM) is critical for business success. HRM Guide publishes articles and news releases about HR surveys, employment law, human resource research, HR books and careers that bridge the gap between theory and practice.
Ontario Minimum Wage
January 1 2018 - Ontario's general minimum wage increased from $11.60 per hour to $14 per hour on January 1, 2018.
It will increase further to $15 per hour on January 1, 2019.
Minimum wage rate for specific job categories
- General Minimum Wage Rate - $14.00 per hour (2018), $15.00 (2019)
- Students (under 18, upto 28 hours a week school time + school breaks) Minimum Wage Rate - $13.15 per hour (2018), $14.10 (2019)
- Liquor servers - $12.20 per hour (2018), $13.05 (2019)
- Hunting and Fishing guides who work less than 5 consecutive (i.e. back-to-back) hours a day - $70 per day (2018), $75 (2019)
- Hunting and Fishing guides who work 5 or more hours a day (whether or not the hours are consecutive) - $140 per day (2018), $150 (2019)
- Homeworkers (people doing paid work in their home for a third-party employer; e.g. answering telephone calls for a call centre or writing software for a high-tech company) - $15.40 per hour (2018), $16.50 (2019)
Minimum wage increases after January 1, 2019 will continue to be tied to annual adjustments to Ontario's Consumer Price Index.
|HRM Guide Australia|
|HRM Guide Canada|
|HRM Guide NZ|
|HRM Guide UK|
|HRM Guide USA|
|About HRM Guide
Overview of HRM Guide
|HRM Guide Updates
Latest updates on the HRM Guide websites
|HRM Guide on Facebook
Be a friend of HRM Guide
|Jobs and Careers
Advice, job postings and leads
Hundreds of pages of information, updates and links to articles
Links to HR service providers
Announcements, news, reports
|Copyright © 1997-2019 Alan Price and HRM Guide contributors. All rights reserved.|